Sunday, November 23, 2014

You Know You're A Runner When....

You know you're a runner when...you can go into a big store like Dick's Sporting Goods looking for something to use to help shield your nose and mouth from the cold and you try on new shoes instead. I tried on the Brooks Adrenaline GTX 14 first and loved them, they felt like heaven compared to my "new" shoes I just got, but the soles of the shoes were very stiff, hard to move in and walk in. Hmm..I decided to look down at the shoe and sure enough they had been worn outside for a while you could tell and returned to the store. Nope not gonna buy the shoes so I put them back. I decided to head over to the other store in town and found them there and tried them on and another pair. Wides of course. Well I still wasn't in love with Adrenaline but the Brooks Ghost 7's now that was another story!! I was originally fitted for the Brooks Ghost 6 in June and they fit but they didn't have any that were wide enough without having to special order them. Soon after the 7's were released but I didn't want to pay the high prices. I tried on the 7's and Oh My!!! I have found my shoes!!! These shoes have the support in the arch that I need, they feel like heaven to my feet and when I walk and run they follow my feet through. It's so nice to have a show to do that! So now comes the fun part of ordering the shoe offline. I will be ordering them from Dicks Sporting Goods Online unless I find them online cheaper but I can't wait to take them for a run when I get them!!!!

I'm also ordering a neck gator and some kinesiology tape to help with my shin splints but I'm hoping that with the right shoes they will soon go away too!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment