Sunday, March 29, 2015

Princess Half Marathon Part 1-Getting Ready & Start Line

It was the morning, race morning on February 22, 2015! My alarm went off at 3:00am and I was up out of bed full of excitement! I couldn't believe it was the day I had been waiting for. It felt like I was getting married that day but instead I was following one of my become a half marathoner! I was to run the race I had dreamed about running for years and after so many people told me I couldn't or it wasn't a good idea.

I soon got dressed, did my hair, decided to put a few extra clifshot gels in my pockets and eat my breakfast before leaving to catch the bus at Port Orleans Riverside. I thought I was running late so I jogged a bit to head to the bus. Now that I think about it, it may have not been the best decision but it was alright! I would be fine for the race. We watched as the first bus became full and we watched that bus move on along. Soon it was time to load up the next bus and I grabbed a window seat. Another nice runner sat next to me and we talked for the 40 minutes it took to get to the parking lot of Epcot. So glad I met her and hope she did good during the race. Once unloaded at Epcot, we walked on over to baggage check and the only thing they had to check was my SPIBelt that was holding my Epi-Pen in it. I got the OK to go through with no issues. I am so glad I had that with me and I had a bottle of benadryl with me as well. I then decided to head on over to the Port-a-potties and I swear it took forever just to go! Holy smoke! I thought I would never get through that line! The race had already started when I got on over to Corral L. Thankfully they had just let some of the corrals go and mine was still not up yet.

Corral L was a good place to start at but I am hoping that I will be able to get to a different corral for my next race!

I was so excited to be starting my journey into my runDisney running fun and I was going to have fun while at it. I never knew that it was going to be a good journey for me. We could hear the excitement of each corral that was setting off on their journey for the half marathon and soon it was our turn up at the start line. Eekkk! Was this really going to happen? Was I really going to do this? I was beyond nervous and excited all at the same time. I was even getting a little teary eyed because it was overwhelming to me as well.

And I even took a selfie showing my excitement before getting ready to start the race.

But not only did I get that but I even got a small video of the start for us! It was happening! We were starting!!! OMG! Really?


And we were off! Our time for the official clock starting for us was at 6:16am. I started off with a small slow run and was having the time of my life! Let's do this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment