Thursday, January 22, 2015

Funk

So lately I've been in a funk. I haven't been running like I should and I need to get cracking! The race is just a month away from today and honestly I hope that I can finish the race. I feel like this funk has just put me in a mood that I don't want to be in. I don't lately want to run and yet I still want that medal so badly it hurts. Yeah I know it's crazy.

So I have been thinking...what if I had a running buddy? What if I did decide to join a gym just for a month to train? Would it be worth it? I don't know if it would or not. I am excited about the friends and new people I will get to meet and yet I am still nervous too. I think all of this goes along with it being my very first race. I was going to run in Rocky Mount but I am still not sure about it. I want to spend time with Olivia and Jason on that day so we shall see.

But thinking of what songs to put on my playlist got me thinking...one of the songs that I love to listen to while running is "Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift. That song is so catchy and honestly I have been known to stop dead in my tracks and dance to it as well. Yeah I love doing that. So what is something that you like to do while you run? I wish I had a treadmill here so that I could go ahead and run right now while I'm somewhat out of my funk but I might go for a quick little run later. We shall see how I feel that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment